Sunday, June 10, 1973

Alone


I’m alone in the forest of Trees as Tall as Men (or Men as Tall as Trees). I wandered down that small dirt road to the lake. I didn’t have any tubes or rafts or books or chairs. It was large and calm and clear. It was beautiful out, but the Foul Wind was blowing harder than a hurricane.
I saw more shadowy monsters in the trees. They imitated the forms of humans. They looked like Jared and Emily and Lori, but they didn’t. They were long and short and stiff and rubbery.

Monsters are only as real as you believe them to be.

“You do not exist.” I casted, and they disappeared.

More replaced them. They appeared faster than I could will them away. The shadowy monsters grew and grew until the Trees as Tall as Men (or Men as Tall as Trees) were no longer in sight.

Monsters are only as real as you believe them to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment